About the Milton Public Library Children's Room Tiles
In 1958 the Rotary Club of Milton sponsored a project for the school children of Milton to hand paint ceramic tiles depicting the stories from their favorite books. These tiles adorned the entrance to the Children's Room until 2007 when the Milton Public Library began renovation.
Unfortunately, it was not possible to physically preserve the tiles during construction. However, through the efforts of Phil McNulty and Ian MacNeil, the tiles were preserved in a digital format.
The majority of the tiles are presented here in 5 photo galleries, one for each Milton elementary school in 1958